Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to How ReyJ Figures. My passion for the 3D medium has motivated me to create a blog designed to highlight the awesome world of figures. Here you will find reviews, pictures, and a bunch of other coverage of things that I find cool. Recently I've dabbled in figure photography, so I figured its about time to share it with the world and get some feedback. The pictures I'll be taking and uploading will probably range from PVC figures to action figures based on anime, comic book characters, and so forth. Anyway, allow me to briefly introduce myself:


I'm a 22 year old student currently at UC Davis in California. I pretty much collect anything I can get my grubby little paws on...that is, as long as the wallet can support it.

I love comics, movies, video games, LOST!, anime, Lara Croft and FIGURES! I've been a figure goon since I was in diapers, my mom and dad would buy me little pvc figures of disney characters sold by the Disney Store, and since then I guess my fate was decided for me. As a kid I loved anything toybiz would produce, from x-men action figures to the spidey one's. Ninja Turtle figures, Terminator and Star Wars figures by Hasbro were also at the top of my fave list. Once the Power Rangers dominated my life I lived to collect every figure possible....well thanks to mis padres, haha. When I finally was old enough to make money and go out and buy the figs of my choosing, I mostly collected action figures from the Marvel Legends lines, whatever DC Direct shot out, gamer figures, anything Tomb Raider and the misc figures from NECA, SOTA, etc. It wasn't until about 2-3 years ago that I discovered anime and all the glorious PVC figures that were produced by great companies like Alter, Good Smile Co, Max Factory, Orchid Seed, and so on.

The first PVC figure that I ever bought was Spike which I believe was produced by Tokyo Pop (you'll be seeing some him later on), from the first anime I ever watched, Cowboy Bebop. My second was Mellisa Seraphy, and since then I've been hooked. I'm a sucker for a good sculpt, and especially if its a character I recognize. Hell, even figures of characters who I don't know somehow make it into my room as long as the sculpt is awesome. The only down side to collecting these figures is their price tag! Unless you're diamond jim brady, you can't buy these little beauties in droves. Currently my top 3 must haves for 2009 are: (1) Static Arts Sora figure from Square-Enix (2) Alter's Fatima [damn hot] (3) finally Good Smile Co's Saber Lily.

Other than the PVC figure market, my newest obsession has been Mattel's DCUC line. Finally us DC fans are getting fully posable figs of the best characters in the DCU. Much like the Marvel Legends line by Toybiz, later to be taken over and DESTROYED by Hasbro, Mattel's DCUC line is friggin' awesome. My bank account hasn't been allowing me to pick up every figure in each of the respective lines, but I'm determined to figure out a way to get each of those beauties and post reviews on this blog. ^^

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I guess that about wraps up my first blog on this site. See ya 'round.

P.S. Here are some preview pics from upcoming posts:

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you (I think that we say that, my English is not very good). I fell here by going of blog to blog, and I really appreciate your work ^^

    ReplyDelete